Friday, October 26, 2018

Troop 366 is on the rise!

A year ago when I walked into the St. Clare room at St. Francis Parish with my son for his 1st Scout meeting, my 1st re-immersion into Scouting since 1988, I wasn't sure what to expect. I was away for 30 years.Was it still the same Scouting organization I grew up with or had it changed? St. Francis being our chosen church and community, we stepped in and joined the ranks hoping for the best.

Over the past year, many have followed suit. Today Troop 366 has flourished with new Scouts, older transfer Scouts, and Adult Leaders joining the ranks!  The influx of Adult Leaders and Scouts has boosted activities, training, rank advancement, attention to the needs of individual Scouts and more.

As a new adult leader looking for ways to contribute, I'm very happy to introduce a new modern website with integrated calendar, journal, maps, activities spreadsheets and more. The new site is going live December 3rd, 2018, at our Court of Honor and Holiday Potluck. As a bonus, a new Scout that transferred in from California has expressed interest in helping and has become the new Assistant Webmaster. I'm very excited to see where this will lead!

I'm proud to say that my son and I are members of Troop 366 and the future is looking brighter than ever!  I look forward to many more years with Troop 366 as we step into the future of Scouting together.

Yours in Scouting,
Gene S.
Troop 366
Committee Member/Treasurer/Webmaster

No comments:

Post a Comment